UT Tyler Office of Student Affairs
Student Affairs Partnership Award
The 2016 - 2017 Student Affairs Partnership Award recipients are:
- Individual: Dr. James Newsome, College of Arts & Sciences
- Department: Registrar's Office
- Community: Leadership Tyler
- Employer: Fastenal
Presented at the Student Leadership & Service Awards, the Student Affairs Partnership Award recognizes an individual faculty or staff member and a division or department who have successfully collaborated and supported the Division of Student Affairs to promote and impact student success. In 2016, partnership awards were added to recognize a Community Partner and Employer Partner.
- Work toward maintaining positive relationships as well as enhancing student engagement and broadening university collaboration.
- Make themselves available to the Division of Student Affairs as a resource, presenter, supporter and/or collaborator.
- Make every effort to support students. They are advocates for students and support the mission and goals of the Division of Student Affairs.
- Partnership with Student Affairs goes beyond typical job duties or department requirements.
In 2015 - 2016, Susan Doty of the College of Business and Technology (individual), Barnes & Noble (department), East Texas Food Bank (community) and Brookshire Grocery Co. (employer) were the recipients of the Student Affairs Partnership awards.
In 2014 - 2015, Al Mariani of Aramark and the Physical Plant were the recipients of the Student Affairs Partnership awards.
In 2013 - 2014, Jameson Adams in Rec Sports and the Physical Plant were the recipients of the Student Affairs Partnership awards.
In 2012 - 2013, Michael Millett in the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Center and the University Police Department were the recipients of the Student Affairs Partnership awards.