College of Education and Psychology
Bilingual - Spanish Supplement
The University of Texas offers a twelve-hour graduate Bilingual - Spanish Supplement. Individuals who possess the Bilingual - Spanish Supplement are licensed to teach Bilingual - Spanish education classes in the State of Texas.
Requirements for Certification
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Texas teacher certification
- Oral and Written proficiency in the language of the target population as measured by an approved examination
- Twelve semester credit hours of coursework:
- Successful completion of the required TExES examination and the appropriate oral examination.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all courses leading to the bilingual supplement certification with a minimum grade of “C” in all courses.