UT Tyler School of Education
Special Education Supplement
The University of Texas offers an eighteen-hour graduate Special Education supplement. Individuals who possess the Special Education supplement are licensed to teach special education classes in the State of Texas at the level of their classroom certificate.
Requirements for Certification
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Texas teacher certification
- Fourteen semester credit hours of coursework including:
- EDUC 2301 (elementary) or EDSP 3351 (secondary)
- EDSP 4269
- EDSP 3354
- EDSP 3356
- EDSP 4360
- Successful completion of the required TExES examination.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 with a minimum grade of “C” in all courses leading to the special education supplement.