UT Tyler School of Education
Master's Degree in Special Education With Educational Diagnostician Certification - Online
Program Distinctive Features:
- Online program to meet the needs of busy educators
- Cohort system for increased support by faculty and peers
- Opportunities to engage in assessment in your school setting and in synchronous and asynchronous environments
- Work with faculty who are leaders in the Council for Exceptional Children – Texas: The premiere organization in special education
The Master's Degree in Special Education fulfills the educational qualifications necessary to meet the course requirements to become an Educational Diagnostician certified by the Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC). In addition, courses have been aligned with the Council for Exceptional Children Advanced Special Education Diagnostician Specialist Standards.
Work with highly committed special educators and mentors:
Apply Today For Our May 2015 Cohort!
Applicants for the Master of Education with a major in Special Education must meet General Degree Requirements of the College of Education. Applicants must meet the standards for admission to and retention in the program. Applications for program admission are available in the Office of Graduate Studies and the College of Education and Psychology and should be completed and returned with all required data.
A student may transfer a maximum of 9 semester hours of graduate credit in which a grade of "B" or better has been earned from approved institutions. Transfer credit must be approved by the student's advisor. Transfer credit cannot be approved unless an official transcript of all transfer work is on file in the Office of Graduate Studies. Transfer credit should be evaluated and approved prior to the completion of the degree plan.
- Handbook for the Master of Education in Special Education with Educational Diagnostician Certification
- Textbook Grid for Educational Diagnostician program
- Here is a flyer with more information, including the course sequence.
We also offer a Certification-Only program for people who already have master's degrees.
For additional information on graduate programs in the field of education, contact:
For issues or complaints about this educator preparation program, email by going to http://www.tea.state.tx.us (the complaints link is located in the red banner at the bottom of the home page) or mail to Correspondence Management, Texas Education Agency, 1701 N. Congress, Austin, TX 78701.