UT Tyler School of Education
TExES PPR Workshops
All students admitted to the School of Education must complete 6 hours of TExES preparation prior to graduation: 3 hours after Phase II and 3 hours before graduation.
UT Tyler Workshops:
- Thursday, July 12, 2012, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) in BEP 218
- Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., PPR in BEP 218
Each month additional preparation workshops will be offered.
TExES Certification Exam Review for Teachers (T-CERT) Modules:
T-CERT review modules are designed to enhance the preparation you have received from your teacher preparation program.
Each module contains the following sections:
- Documents & Handouts:These are supporting documents needed for the review video and chat session.
- Presentation: This is a review for each subject area with practice test questions for each competency.
- Video: This is a video review session presented by a subject matter expert.Practice Questions: A practice quiz over the content covered in the presentation is available.
- Chat: Synchronous chat sessions will be held approximately two weeks prior to the paper based administration of the exam.
- Certificate: Certificates are available for you to print once you have completed all sections (Presentation, Video, Quiz and Chat) of the review module.
TExES Certification Exam Review for Teachers (T-CERT) Chats:
T-CERT chat sessions are held on the T-CERT website. If you are interested in attending, you need to register on this site. In order to attend the PPR and Science 8-12 chat, you must have completed the presentation and the video prior to the chat. You can register for the Special Education and ESL chat without viewing the presentation and video.
- Thursday, July 12, 2012, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., EC-12 PPR
- Thursday, July 12, 2012, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., ESL
- Monday, July 16, 2012, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., EC-6 Generalist