Office of Career Success
Hire a Student Employee
Posting an On-Campus Job
- All on-campus student employment positions must be posted through Handshake.
- To post jobs, create an account on Handshake. Contact Career Success if you have any
questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-565-5862.
- Once the job is posted in Handshake, you will receive a confirmation email that contains
information about the job posting where you can review the applicants.
- Students will apply through Handshake by applying for open positions.
Selection and Hiring
- Departments can review applicants' resumes by logging into Handshake.
- Departments must screen applicants and select the students to interview and hire.
- Once a selection is made, Departments must submit an eForm to appoint the student.
Notification of the hiring decision will be communicated from HR to the student upon
initiating the onboarding process.
Work Study Award Verification
- The department must request proof of a work study award from the student.
- Students must provide proof of their financial aid award from myUTTyler by following
these instructions: myUTTyler > Student Center > View
- If the student has been awarded work study funds, go to Financial Aid Work Study Programs.
- Review the Work Study Procedures
- Sign the Work Study Agreement (Both the student and supervisor must sign the agreement.)
- Fax the completed Work Study Agreement to the designated work-study coordinator in
the Financial Aid Office (903.566.7052).
- The Financial Aid Office must receive the completed and signed Work Study Agreement
before approving the appointment in HRMS (preferably before the end of the student’s
first payroll period).
- Timesheets must be completed according to the payroll schedule.
- Payroll questions should be directed to: email@example.com