Office of Career Success
Hire a Student Employee
- All on-campus student employment positions must be posted through Handshake.
- To post jobs, create an account on Handshake using your UT Tyler email. Create a Faculty/Staff Account
- The articles below may be helpful when posting a job in Handshake, managing applicants, and creating applicant status messaging preferences.
Once the job is posted in Handshake, you will receive a confirmation email that contains information about the job posting. You will also be able to review applications that have been submitted.
Contact Career Success if you have any questions at email@example.com or 903-565-5862.
- Departments must screen applicants and select the students to interview and hire.
- Once a selection is made, departments must submit an eForm to appoint the student. Notification of the hiring decision will be communicated from HR to the student upon initiating the onboarding process.
- The department must request proof of a work-study award from the student.
Students must provide proof of their financial aid award from myUTTyler by following these instructions: myUTTyler > Student Center > View
2. If the student has been awarded work-study funds, go to Financial Aid Work-Study Programs.
- Review the Work-Study Procedures.
- E-mail the student name and ID to the work-study coordinator in the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for final confirmation of the amount of work-study funds the student is eligible to receive before submitting an e-form to HR.
- Contact the work-study coordinator at 903-565-5801 or email@example.com if you have questions.
- Timesheets must be completed according to the payroll schedule.
- Payroll questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org