UT Tyler Department of Communication
Dennis Robertson, Ph.D. Department Chair 903.566.7066 CAS 225
Marsha Matthews, Ph.D. Masters Program/Assistant Chair COMM 903.566.7099 CAS 266
Communication Studies Advisors
Jaclyn Marsh, Ph.D.
Emily Scheinfeld, Ph.D.
Ashleigh Day, Ph.D.
Dennis Cali, Ph.D.
Mass Communication Advisors
Anita Brown, Lecturer
Terry Britt, Ph.D.
Marsha Matthews, Ph.D.
L-Q (plus Grad Students)
Ms. Vanessa Joyner, M.F.A.
Before being advised please do the following before contacting your adviser:
• Log on to Blackboard.
• Select the My Organizations tab.
• Select "CAS Advising for Students."
• Select the "Documents" tab.
• There are 7 CAS Sessions + the Communication Dept./Major PowerPoint
• Follow ALL instructions.
• Schedule an appointment with your major advisor.
• Bring all assignments you completed as part of the sessions to your advisor meeting.
Students who have not completed the Blackboard Advising Workshop sessions AND met with the major advisor will not be allowed to enroll until ALL requirements are completed.