UT Tyler School of Education
TExES Registration Information
You can find current information to register for TExES certification exams in the Blackboard organization, Testing_and_Certification. You may self-enroll in this Blackboard organization by completing the following steps:
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on the Organizations tab in the upper right portion of the webpage
- Type "testing" in the Organization Search box where you will see Testing_and_Certification
- Move your mouse over the area for Testing_and_Certification until you see a down arrow
- Click on the down arrow to select Enroll
- Click on Submit
- Click on your Organizations tab and you will see that you are now a member
You will find the TExES registration forms in the Documents tab of the Testing_and_Certification Blackboard organization.IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Current GENERALIST EC-6 Certification Students!!!
The current Generalist EC-6 TExES 191 exam will only be available to students until August 31, 2015. After that date, Generalist EC-6 Certification students must attempt the new EC-6 Core Subjects TExES 291.
Candidates completing the current Generalist EC-6 certificate must complete all requirements – coursework and testing – by August 31, 2015.
After August 31, 2015, educator programs can no longer recommend candidates for the Generalist EC-6 certificate with TExES 191. The new Core Subjects EC-6 TExES 291 test will be required.
Beginning September 2014 students should be able to access the Tests at a Glance information for EC-6 Core Subjects TExES 291 at this website: http://www.texes.ets.org/texes/prepmaterials/.