UT Tyler School of Education
The School of Education has four undergraduate degree plans that will prepare you to serve students and their communities as a professional educator.
The students will have the following marketable skills:
- Holding high expectations for students and self
- Classroom management
- Ethical conduct toward students and professional colleagues
- Ethical conduct, practices, and performance
- Detection and education of students with dyslexia
- Instruction regarding mental health, substance abuse, and youth suicide
- Knowledge and implementation skills for Texas Knowledge and Skills and English Language Proficiency Standards
- Reading instruction
- Instructional planning and delivery
- Knowledge of students and student learning
- Content knowledge and expertise
- Creation of effective learning environments
- Use of technology to maintain data, communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and the community and allow students to present evidence of learning
- Sense making: the ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed.
- Social intelligence: the ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions.
- Novel and adaptive thinking. Proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule-based.
- Cross-cultural competency: The ability to operate in different cultural settings.
- Computational thinking: The ability to translate vast amounts of data into concepts and to understand data-based reasoning.
- Transdisciplinary. Literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Data-informed decision making
- Critical thinking
- Verbal and written communication
- Creative thinking
- Advocacy for others
- Collaboration with others
You can select from one of the following programs. The links below provide additional information about each of your options.
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies – Early Childhood through Grade 6 Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies – Grades 4 – 8 Certification
- Intermediate UTeach Math
- Intermediate UTeach Science
- Bachelor's degree in a specific content area – Grades 7-12 Certification
- All-Level (EC-12) Certification for the fields of art, health, music, and physical education, Spanish, Special Education (in conjunction with EC-6 Generalist)
If you are not sure which program is best for you, please schedule an appointment with our Academic Advisor.
Academic Advisor and Recruiter
Office: BEP 247J