Advisors play a very important role in the life of a fraternity/sorority, and advisors
are critical to their success as a chapter. The most successful chapters tend to be
those that have advisors that support them, keep them accountable to their standards
and show them that they care!
For Current Advisors
The Office of Greek Life appreciates your hard work, and your chapter does too! To make sure that you are on top of your game, here is a quick checklist to help you in your advisory role, whether you are a faculty/staff advisor or chapter advisor.
- Make sure that your chapter registers as a student organization through the Office of Student Life & Leadership. This is completed every academic year at the beginning of the semester and/or any time there is a change in leadership at the beginning of the semester. To register, they must do the following: Submit a list of "authorized representatives''; make sure a copy of their chapter roster, constitution/bylaws and risk management policy is on file; and verify that all listed "authorized representatives'' and advisors must attend a student organization orientation.
- Be familiar with all Greek Life policies and procedures, which can be found on the "Resources & Forms" tab.
- Be familiar with your chapter's constitution and bylaws.
- Try to attend at least one chapter meeting per month, so the chapter will have an opportunity to know who you are.
- Make yourself available. There may be times during your advising role when a student just needs someone to talk to, so let them know how they can reach you.
Interested in Being an Advisor?
If you are interested in serving a Greek group in an advisory capacity, please contact the Greek Life office at 903.566.7014 or at email@example.com
Student Behavior Concerns
As an advisor, it is important to be in tune with the members of your student organization and notice any irregularities with the students. If you are concerned about the behavior of a student, please use the link below to report that information to the Behavioral Intervention Team. The link will take you to the Student of Concern electronic report page. Please include all relevant information you can in the forms on that page before clicking on the submit button. Please include your contact information so we can follow up if we need more information. If you have an immediate concern, please contact UPD at 903.566.7060 or dial 911 if it is an emergency.