Communication Sciences and Disorders BS Degree
Education Objectives for CSD Majors
The degree program in Communication Sciences and Disorders is a pre-professional program that prepares students to work as speech pathology assistants and/or to attend graduate school, where they will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to enter the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology. By the end of the program, all CSD Graduates will be able to:
- Apply principles of basic science and normal development in speech, language and hearing
- Determine appropriate diagnostic and treatment methods for each disorder area based upon analysis of characteristics and etiologies.
- Integrate discipline-specific knowledge to develop and implement appropriate diagnostic and clinical management plans, resulting in evidence-based practice and services.
- Interpret and integrate knowledge of professional and ethical standards of conduct.
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Marketable Skills
- More Information about the Communication Sciences and Disorders BS Degree
- Apply Now