Mission and Policies
Robert R. Muntz Library
UT Tyler Libraries Mission Statement
The University of Texas at Tyler Libraries supports the University’s goals of excellence in teaching, research, and public service. As an essential academic unit, the Libraries will serve as a center of discovery, exchange, and advancement of ideas. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our academic community.
UT Tyler Libraries Vision Statement
The University of Texas at Tyler Libraries are a vibrant center of intellectual engagement, technological innovation, and the preferred source for learning and scholarship.
The Libraries will:
- Create lifelong learning opportunities for students, faculty and staff through an expansion of the libraries’ role in academic and campus activities.
- Develop and maintain a thoughtfully chosen and well-organized array of resources that supports the curriculum and stimulates intellectual curiosity, while anticipating and responding to the changing educational environment.
- Enhance student learning through the integration of information literacy across the curriculum.
- Provide an environment that promotes research, reflection, and collaboration.
- Promote high operational, service and ethical standards by ongoing evaluation of resources and services.
Library Policies and Information
- Accessibility Service Policy
- Borrowing Privileges and Responsibilities
- Building Use Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Use Policy
- Guidelines for Accepting Gifts and Donations
UT Tyler Policies and Information