Passport Acceptance Facility
Office of International Programs
How to Apply
- Mask is required to enter campus buildings.
- FIRST Book an appointment - PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED. If appointments are not available for the day/time you click, it will often skip you forward 1 week - PLEASE make sure you read your emails from us so that you don't show up a few days to a few weeks before your appointment to save time. Thank you for your vigilance in this matter. Our emails also contain OTHER important information that is there to help your appointment go smoothly.
- Adult renewals - learn restrictions to services we can provide to you here.
- Using the online fillable pdf from the Department of State or a black ink pen, complete
the DS-11 Application
- DS-11 Application is for first time, minor, previous passport lost/stolen, previous passport expired over 5 years ago
- This is the only application we are authorized to handle
- Additional forms like the Lost/Stolen Passport Report, Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child form, etc are usually submitted alongside the DS-11 and serve as accompaniments to the DS-11, thus we will accept them
- We will not review other application forms like the DS-82 and DS-5504 which must be submitted by the applicant.
- Collect and bring along required documents
- Certified citizenship document that is valid for passport applications - just because it's all you've ever had, doesn't mean it is the proper form for passport issuance. Please compare your document to the examples we have here.
- Valid photo ID - If you present an out-of-state ID, you must present an additional ID. Parents note: Minors are identified by the parents as they appear on the child's birth certificate, or by certified court order/guardianship paperwork.
- Collect and prepare any additional forms that may be needed, based on applicants situation, like non-appearing parent, mailing address different from ID, previous marriages, etc.
- Get an acceptable photo, or we can take it for you if you've indicated the need in your appointment booking
- Make sure to have proper forms of payment so you don't have to reschedule - DOS and UT Tyler are not one and the same, so both receive individual payments
- Make sure everyone applying comes to the appointment - 3 max per appointment!
- Find our location
I need specifics on...
Hours and Contact
Monday - Friday
Appointment Only - Availability generally between 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Email (recommended method!): firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is the best method of contact.
You can find answers to most questions here on our website or at travel.state.gov.