Passport Acceptance Facility
Office of International Programs
How to Apply
- Book an appointment
- Select the service you need. Select the day and time. Enter accurate contact details.
- Notate how many applicants we should expect in the blank with the appropriate age range (not to exceed 3 per appointment).
- For example: in the # of minors/16-17/18+ boxes, we expect to see a number between 0-3, NOT the age of applicants.
- If you know what types of Department of State services you need, you can indicate with a yes/no response, or leave it blank.
- If you cannot receive text messages or wish to opt out of the text reminder, indicate by typing "no".
- If you would like to provide additional information or input you think we will find helpful, please use the comment box.
- Complete the DS-11 Application
- DS-11 Application is for first time, minor, previous passport lost/stolen, previous passport expired over 5 years ago
- This is the only application we are authorized to handle
- Additional forms like the Lost/Stolen Passport Report, Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child form, etc are usually submitted alongside the DS-11 and serve as accompaniments to the DS-11, thus we will accept them
- We will not review other application forms like the DS-82 and DS-5504 which must be submitted by the applicant.
- Renewals can learn more here
- Collect required documents
- Certified citizenship document that is valid for passport applications - just because it's all you've ever had, doesn't mean it is the proper form for passport issuance. Please compare your document to the examples we have here.
- Valid photo ID - If you present an out-of-state ID, you must present an additional ID. Parents note: Minors are identified by the parents as they appear on the child's birth certificate, or by certified court order/guardianship paperwork.
- Collect and prepare any additional forms that may be needed, based on applicants situation, like non-appearing parent, mailing address different from ID, previous marriages, etc.
- Get an acceptable photo, or we can take it for you if you've indicated the need in your appointment booking
- Make sure to have proper forms of payment so you don't have to reschedule - DOS and UT Tyler are not one and the same, so both receive individual payments
- Make sure everyone applying comes to the appointment - 3 max per appointment!
I need specifics on...
Hours and Contact
Monday - Friday
Appointment Only - Availability generally between 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Email (recommended method!): firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is the best method of contact.
You can find answers to most questions here on our website or at travel.state.gov.