Passport Acceptance Facility

Office of International Programs

Service Suspension


IMPORTANT: Services at our facility are expected to restart on August 17, 2020. We will only be providing services by appointment. Learn how to make an appointment here. If you are eligible to renew with a DS-82 form application, please apply on your own by mail. If you need a photo you may make a photo-only appointment.

The Department of State is still in reopening stages 1 and 2. Expedite processing is not available. Learn more here


Add Description

How to Apply
First time applying, minor, previous passport lost/stolen, previous passport expired over 5 years ago

Add Description

Adult Renewal
10-year validity passport renewal only; 5-year validity passports cannot be renewed

Add Description

Additional Forms
Name change, replacing limited passport, lost/stolen, statement of consent for minors, previous marriage, etc.

Add Description

Payment and Fees
View fee charts so that you can arrive prepared

Add Description

U.S. Department of State
View the official DOS website to obtain COVID-19 updates and all necessary forms

Add Description

Frequently asked questions with answers are listed here


The Office of International Programs serves as a Passport Acceptance Facility for the UT Tyler community and the general public. OIP is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to execute and mail-in Form DS-11 passport applications. Passport and immigration-style photos are available for purchase separately, providing a convenient service to anyone filing a government application, including international students applying for practical training authorizations. 

Located conveniently at UT Tyler, our full service, no appointment/walk-in only Passport Acceptance Facility has served the East Texas community since October 2015. We are authorized by the U.S. Department of State to execute and mail-in only DS-11 form passport applications, and can provide guidance for those using other application forms. We also provide photos for other passport applications, visa applications, or international students on OPT.

We are open to the public and happily serve our students, faculty and staff, East Texas community, state, and surrounding-state citizens. 

For the time being, we are not accepting walk-in applicants. You MUST make an appointment prior to coming in. Please make an appointment to apply for a passport that is first time, minor, previous passport lost/stolen, or previous passport expired over 5 years ago here. If using another application form, please follow instructions on the form and as provided by the Department of State. Thank you!

For more information, see How to Apply or contact us at


Basic Necessities

DS-11 Requirements

(First-time, minor, and long-expired passport holders):

  1. The applicant
  2. DS-11 form
  3. Proof of Citizenship + photocopy
  4. Valid Photo ID + front/back photocopy
  5. Passport Photo
  6. Proper forms of Payment (one for US DOS, one for UT Tyler Passport)

View additional requirements for applicants under 16

View additional requirements for applicants 16-17

Hours and Contact