Office of International Programs
Experience the World Through UT Tyler OIP
The University of Texas at Tyler Office of International Programs (OIP) serves as a pathway to the world, providing UT Tyler students with access to globally focused programs and offering the Tyler-East Texas community with international travel information and passport services.
- The OIP assists faculty and staff to create quality travel study and recreational opportunities abroad for UT Tyler students – placing a high priority on safety and security, and guides UT Tyler students through the process to prepare to travel abroad, stands by to assist during their trip, and offers opportunities to share their experiences with others across campus upon their return during International Education Week.
Prepare for the Future. Live in the Moment. Study Abroad. Students – Start Planning Now!
Study across the globe, experience other cultures and visit some of the world's most renowned historical and cultural sites in a UT Tyler travel abroad program. Travel scholarships are available.
The OIP offers four types of international travel experiences:
- Short-Term Faculty/Staff-Led Trips – Travel Study and Recreational Travel experiences organized by UT Tyler faculty and staff vary in length from one to five weeks, typically occurring over vacation periods such as Spring Break and during the summer terms.
- Longer-Term Programs – Study abroad opportunities and regional study programs created through collaborations among faculty in multiple departments and colleges.
- Exchange Programs – Study opportunities at collaborating universities that have an exchange agreement with UT Tyler and study at foreign universities through University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) approved semester-long or academic year programs abroad.
- The Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program – International travel opportunities for community members led by UT Tyler faculty and staff who are extremely knowledgeable about and experienced in visiting the locations included in the tour, and share their insights and expertise all along the way!
Visit the Office of International Programs to begin planning your next trip now! Walk-in appointments are available for any student interested in international opportunities including faculty/staff-led programs, exchanges and affiliated programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!