UT Tyler Police Department
The University of Texas at Tyler Police Department is currently seeking applications for the position of Police Officer. Preference is given to licensed officers, but anyone who meets the following qualifications is welcome to apply.
Who We are Looking For:
- Above all, persons who are honest with unquestionable integrity; the police profession demands this.
- Career minded; committed to stay with us at least 3-5 years and hopefully longer;
- Since we operate 24/7/365, ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, and/or holidays. (After training, you are assigned to a semi-permanent shift. We don’t regularly rotate shifts, but you must be able to work any shift in order to be hired).
- Those interested in the law enforcement profession;
- Dependable, dedicated and responsible applicants;
- Those who are able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Those with no significant background issues. No Felony or Class A misdemeanor convictions ever. No Class B misdemeanor convictions within the past 10 years.
- If previously military, honorable discharge or no discharge under less than honorable conditions.
Who We Are Not Looking For:
- Persons who are dishonest and who lack integrity;
- Those just looking for a job; those who bounce from job to job;
- Unable to work certain shifts, nights, weekends, and/or holidays;
- Those with no interest in the law enforcement profession;
- Those who are unreliable, or who have poor work history;
- Those who are unable to multi-task;
- Those with felony or Class A misdemeanor convictions; Class B convictions within the past 10 years. Possession of illegal narcotics within the past five years (ineligible for licensure through the State of Texas);
- If previously military, those who were discharged under less than honorable conditions (ineligible for licensure through the State of Texas).
If you think you are the type of applicant we would be interested in, please follow the link below.
Updated: May 28th, 2021