Environmental Health and Safety
Public Health Information Center
Been exposed to COVID?
If you, or someone you know, has been exposed to or tests positive for COVID-19 and had recent contact with the campus community, please make a report via the COVID-19 hotline, 903.565.5999. This will allow campus officials to act quickly to prevent a possible spread on campus.
If there has been no recent contact with the campus community, please report using the COVID-19 reporting form.
Protecting Yourself and Others from Respiratory Illness
EH&S encourages general good health and hygiene practices, not only to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), but all infectious diseases including influenza and the common cold. Below are recommended steps to take to protect yourself and others:
- Wash hands frequently
- Cough into the bend of your elbow
- Physical distancing (staying at least 6ft away from others)
- Staying home, especially if you are sick
EH&S recommends following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for the prevention of respiratory illnesses. Visit the COVID-19 (coronavirus) Prevention and Treatment page to learn about how to protect yourself from respiratory illnesses, like COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Proper hand hygiene is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of disease. Review the following resources for additional information on proper hand hygiene:
- VIDEO: Fight Germs. Wash Your Hands!
- VIDEO: What You Need To Know About Handwashing
- VIDEO: Cleaning Hands With Hand Sanitizer
To further aid in preventing the spread of respiratory illness, the University is providing non-medical cloth face coverings to all current Faculty, Staff, and Students as well as encouraging all visitors to campus to bring a cloth face covering to wear. The links below provide important information on the proper use of cloth face coverings:
- Visit the CDC's About Cloth Face Coverings page for specific recommendations for the use of cloth face coverings
- How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings
- How to Clean Cloth Face Coverings
- VIDEO: Prevent COVID-19: Wear a Cloth Face Covering
UT Tyler Branded Face Coverings can be obtained at the following locations:
|University Police Station Parking Services Desk||Monday - Friday||8am to 5pm|
|Robert R. Muntz Library Help Desk||Monday - Friday||8am to 5pm|
|Herrington Patriot Center||Monday and Wednesday||1pm to 4pm|