Social Media at UT Tyler
The UT Tyler social media team in the Office of Marketing and Communications sets the strategic direction for social media, manages the UT Tyler institutional social media accounts and works with coordinators across campus as they manage their own social media network.
UT Tyler has developed a registration process to ensure that any and all interactions on behalf of UT Tyler are in the university's best interest. Users should fully review and understand the UT Tyler Social Media Guidelines and Social Media Policy.
Steps to register:
1) Obtain permission from your department head, chair or dean.
2) Review the UT Tyler Social Media Guidelines.
3) Review the UT Tyler Social Media Policy Statement.
4) Set up your Social Media account. Only use official UT Tyler group email addresses.
PLEASE closely review the set-up process prior to setting up your account including naming your accounts, passwords and email usage.
- Email the social media team for more information.
All social media accounts registered and recognized by UT Tyler will be listed on our social media site.
NOTE: The account registration form is currently being updated. Please email the social media team for account permission and information.
Somewhere on your site, please include the site administrator's contact information. For Facebook, please link to the UT Tyler Social Media Policy Statement.