UT Tyler Strategic Planning Process
The University of Texas at Tyler
Following the alignment of UT Tyler and UT Health Science Center at Tyler, UT Tyler is in a primed position to look at the way we serve our students, faculty, staff, and community through a refreshed lens. This is why we are embarking upon a new strategic planning process — so we can seize new opportunities and identify new directions that support our teaching, research, and service missions. Our goal is to finalize the strategic plan in the Spring of 2022. Read on to learn about the work the Office of Strategic Planning has been doing during this first phase of the process and get ready to share your ideas as we move to the next phase.
Phase 1: Internal Assessment
The Strategic Planning team, in partnership with the Strategic Planning Committee, conducted 22 leadership interviews, fielded a survey to all faculty, staff and students, and prepared an institutional assessment data report. Data collection helps us answer the question of “where we are today?” and this data compiled along with the survey results and leadership interview results create a planning map that will help inform the focused discussions to come in our next phase of planning: identifying and prioritizing the goals and initiatives that will help us achieve our identified priorities.
Strategic Planning Committee
In accordance with UT System Board of Regents Rules on Presidential Duties, and to fulfill SACSCOC requirements, Dr. Calhoun appointed a Strategic Planning Committee charged with overseeing the development and implementation of the institution’s strategic plan and evaluating progress toward achieving the outcomes contained within.
Strategic Planning Committee Membership
- Ms. Stephanie Fenter, Strategic Planning Chair; Chief of Staff, VP of Strategic Planning
- Mr. Daniel Deslatte, SVP, COO Health Affairs
- Ms. Kris Kavasch, SVP Finance, CFO
- Dr. Kim Laird, SVP, COO Academic Affairs
- Dr. Amir Mirmiran, EVP, Academic Affairs & Provost
- Dr. Julie Philley, EVP, Health Affairs
- Mr. Joe Woelkers, EVP, Administration
- Dr. Steve Idell, SVP, Research
- Ms. Ona Tolliver, SVP, Student Success
- Mr. Howard Patterson, VP, Athletics
- Dr. Sarah Sass, President, Faculty Senate, AY21-22
- Dr. Harrison Ndetan, Faculty Senate President-elect AY21-22
- Ms. Katherine (KC) Jennings, Student Gov’t Assoc. President, AY21-22
Office of Strategic Planning
- Ms. Stephanie Fenter, Chief of Staff, VP of Strategic Planning
- Ms. Sara Jones, Director, Strategic Planning
- Mr. Morgan Kopycinski, Strategic Analyst
Please Share Your Ideas
We want to hear from you! If you have an idea for an initiative that supports our strategic direction, please share it with our strategic planning team.