College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
UT Tyler Testing Center
Students can receive credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any one or more of the 24 CLEP examinations accepted by The University of Texas at Tyler. See below for a list of acceptable examinations, scores and course credit.
To Take a CLEP Exam
- Call 903.565.5693 to schedule an appointment.
- CLEP is offered every Tuesday and Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., except for finals and holidays.
- Pay your $30 proctor fee to the cashier's office in the One-Stop Shop.
- Bring your receipt to the Testing Center in UC 3160 or ask the cashier to fax it to us.
- Visit www.collegeboard.com, create an account and follow the prompts to pay for your CLEP exam; be sure to specify the correct score recipient and the correct testing center.
- Schedule to take your exam at least a week in advance of your test date.
- DUE TO LIMITED SEATING, YOU MUST REGISTER IN THE TESTING CENTER BY THE FRIDAY BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TEST DATE to be put on the roster for the exam.
- No CLEP tests are given during the university's posted finals weeks.
- This is a computer-based exam.
- Scores will be provided to you by testing center employees immediately following your exam.
The CLEP practice tests website offers practice questions for most CLEP exams. Please be aware that only the subject exams listed above are accepted for credit at UT Tyler.
Visit the CLEP website for more information about CLEP.
Test preparation books for CLEP may be checked out in the Testing Center.