UT Tyler Web Communications
Assistance With OU Campus, Social Media, Web Guidelines and More
Wednesday, October 7
Wednesday, September 23
Thank you for continuing to update your website content. Please review the following notes:
- Any content updated prior to the deadline will be migrated to the new website.
- Please remember NOT to duplicate content from one portion of the web to another. This includes the catalog. Instead, please link directly to the content.
Thanks, Web Team.
Thursday, September 10
With the directive to redesign and launch the website on a short timeframe, the web team is up against a very tight deadline. Please understand if we are unable to respond to emails and requests as usual.
It is important to keep in mind that the new website will allow you to make updates to images, rotators and more. We ask that users please hold off on requesting design changes such as images and style or requesting new website/pages.
We sincerely appreciate your patience!
UT Tyler Web Team
P.S. Continue to watch uttyler.edu/web for detailed updates regarding the new responsive website.
Wednesday, September 9
The UT Tyler Web team is in the process of building the newly designed UT Tyler responsive website, scheduled for launch in January 2016. In order to meet this deadline, the Web team will be required to focus all of its attention to the design, programming and content of the new templates. As a result, there will be very limited technical support during this time.
This will also require suspending the website beginning Monday Nov. 2. This means no changes can be made to your sites after this date as we move content into the new site.
In preparation for this suspension, please take the time to review the following and make the appropriate updates to your site by Friday, Oct. 30:
- Content updates are the responsibility of each department. For online technical support, please refer to the UT Tyler OU Campus online help documents .
- Please remove all unapproved images, buttons, arrows, mouseovers, span/div tags, etc.
- Please move ANY PDF/Word files residing in your main folder into the appropriate “files” or “documents” folder. Please delete all unused files.
NOTE: PDF/Word Files residing at the top level of your site will NOT be moved to the new site. (example: uttyler.edu/departmentname/files/document-name.pdf NOT: uttyler.edu/departmentname/document-name.pdf)
- Please delete all unused files including PDF/Word documents and unused .php/pcf files (web pages), including blank pages and old pages.
- OU Campus will be disabled on Friday, Oct. 30 and will resume upon launch of the new website.
Because we will be providing limited tech support, new user set-up, training and new websites will be placed on hold until after the new website launch.
Requests can be submitted to the Web team through Friday, Oct. 16. The Web team will reserve Fridays (Sept. 11 – Oct. 16) to respond to as many requests as possible. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
OU Campus responsive design template training sessions will be offered after the first of the year.
Please watch this space for upcoming information regarding responsive design, UT Tyler website timeline and more.
UT Tyler Web Team
Web News and Updates
Responsive Design Migration
Please continue to update content prior to the Nov 2 cut-off.
Web Publishing Guidelines
OU Campus Access
If you are new to OU Campus, your department contact (or department head, dean or director) can request for you to have access to a particular site. After completing OU campus training, the Web team will provide access to OU Campus using your INFO domain credentials. If you do not know who your department contact is, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UT Tyler Web Team