Designing Accessible Websites
All email sent from a University account must be accessible.
- Use accessible language. Put things as simple as possible, using bulletpoints when possible.
- Use descriptive "alt" tags for all images.
- Avoid relying on images to convey communication. If images are necessary, include include a text link back to an alternate, accessible version of the email.
- Provide sufficient color contrast.
- Any documents (PDF, Word, etc.) attached to email should also be accessible.
- Font size should be 12 point or larger.
- Use descriptive links (avoid 'click here').
For assistance with constructing an accessible email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.