UT Tyler Copyright Guidelines
Copyright Policy, Guidelines & Law, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) described as the most dramatic change to copyright law in a generation, was the 105th Congress's effort to update copyright law for the digital environment.
Under the DMCA, The University of Texas at Tyler reserves the right to terminate computing services of users who repeatedly infringe upon the rights of copyright owners.
For information about copyright, please see the Copyright Crash Course.
Questions or comments about copyright limitations, violations or the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act legislation should be directed to the Office of Marketing & Communications.
Additional Copyright Resources
- United States Copyright Office
- Copyright Basics, from the United States Copyright Office (.pdf)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (.pdf)
- Designation by Service Provider of Agent for Notification of Claims of Infringement — DMCA
- Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians (.pdf)
- UT Libraries Crash Course