- Complete a minimum of 120 hours
- Complete a minimum of 42 upper-division hours (Refer to your major for specific additional requirements.)
- Complete at least 24 of the last 30 semester credit hours in residence at UT Tyler
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average
- Complete a minimum of 6 upper-level division hours in the major field of study at UT Tyler (Colleges may establish more stringent requirements. See specific majors.)
- Complete all degree requirements in your major
- File an approved degree plan with the academic department and complete those requirements
- Students must complete the Core Curriculum requirements with a grade equivalent to "C" or better in each course
- File for graduation according to the guidelines listed in this catalog
The Education Code of the Texas Constitution defines core curriculum as "the curriculum in liberal arts, humanities, and sciences and political, social, and cultural history that all undergraduate students of an institution of higher education are required to complete before receiving an academic undergraduate degree."
General education requirements completed at private or out-of-state institutions are not the equivalent of, may not fulfill the requirements of, and may not excuse a student from completing the core curriculum.
The University of Texas at Tyler official 4 year degree plans for Speech Communication:
Bachelor of Arts (BA) and (BS) in Speech Communication (Options)
**Remember: Minimum total semester credit hours for earning a BA or BS in Speech Communication = 120 hours