Soules College of Business Undergraduate Advising FAQ

Undergraduate Advising Frequently Asked Questions

Undergraduate Advising

What undergraduate degrees and majors are available through the Soules College of Business?

How many and which courses will transfer from my previous college to The University of Texas at Tyler?

  • After the Office of Admissions has received your transcript(s), the Office of the Registrar will process it to determine what requirements you have satisfied. This information is reflected on your PAR, Patriot Advisement Report, and may be applied to a Soules College of Business degree plan by setting an appointment with an advisor. To schedule an appointment please call 903.566.7363.

What is a PAR?

  • The PAR is your Patriot Advisement Report. This, along with the degree plan provided by the Soules College of Business advisor, will aid you in your academic career.

How often do I need to see my academic advisor?

  • Soules College of Business students are not required to meet with an advisor (unless they are on probation or suspension). We encourage new students to meet with an advisor for an initial advising appointment. After that we ask that students email their questions to and if we cannot answer your questions via email, we will set up a face-to-face appointment. We recommend requesting an updated degree plan the semester before you intend to graduate. For any additional questions please contact the Soules College of Business at or call 903.566.7363.

How do I search and register for classes?

  • You can search and enroll in classes via myUTTyler. Just log in, select “Student Home Page,” then “Student Center” and the “Search for Classes” button in top right-hand corner. Now you can find the classes you are interested in by using the search options on this page. ITV classes are displayed via interactive television in Longview and Palestine. The corresponding section numbers for course location are as follows: .040 is Tyler, .041 is Longview, .042 is Palestine and any section number with a "6" in it is Online (i.e., .060, .061, .462, .561). Be sure to enroll in the correct section.

How many hours can I take per semester?

  • You may take a maximum of 18 hours in the fall and spring semesters and a maximum of 12 hours during the summer. In order to exceed the maximum number of hours allowed you will need to request permission from the Soules COB. You may email your request to

How do I know what classes are available online?

  • The classes that are available online have a "6" in the section number (i.e. .060, .061, .462, .561) and are marked “TBA” in the fields where it normally states the day, time and room of the class.

How do I know what classes I need to take next semester?

  • Just follow your degree plan to determine what classes you have already satisfied and which ones you are lacking. Check the availability of those classes via myUTTyler and rolling schedules.

What is the Rolling Schedule?

  • Look at the rolling schedules to see if the classes you are interested in are to be offered in future semesters. "X" indicates when the course is planned to be offered. Note that some classes are only offered once per year, so plan accordingly. Rolling schedules only provide estimates and course availability is subject to change.

Where can I find information about financial aid?

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 903.566.7180 or visit enrollment services.