Doctoral Degree Programs
Advance Your Career Leadership: Earn a PhD
The University of Texas at Tyler offers doctoral programs in human resource development and nursing. Earning a PhD is an excellent way to advance in your career or acquire skills that allow you to change your career path.
All PhD courses are taught by outstanding instructors who are well-respected in their field and committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. Your commitment to completing a doctoral program is an investment in your future career success.
- Both the nursing PhD degree and the human resource development PhD degree require students to undertake independent original research. Your findings will culminate in a dissertation that contributes to the body of knowledge in the field.
- The HRD PhD requires just 5 on-site classes per semester, which are primarily held on weekends. Students complete the balance of course requirements online.
- The nursing PhD program is an entirely online program.
- Human Resource Development PhD Degree (executive format)
Eligibility: This program is offered in an executive format, which means students only meet face-to-face several times a semester rather than weekly. Executive format programs are not open to students on an F-1 visa.
- Nursing PhD Degree (online)
Become a Pharmacist: Earn Your PharmD
Beginning in fall 2015, UT Tyler will offer the doctor of pharmacy degree to a small number of exceptional students. Learn in a team-based PharmD environment taught by some of the most innovative and caring faculty in the world. Experience the excitement of working with nurses, physicians and pharmacists to provide pharmacy care to patients of all ages and engage in the rapidly expanding health care field.
Professional Doctorate Program