Dual Credit and Concurrent Enrollment
Swoop into Dual Credit with UT Tyler
The Dual Credit and Concurrent Enrollment Program provides students with the ability to earn college credit while in high school. Our goal is to provide our student with a strong foundation of experience that will help them understand how to perform at the level required of a college student, while also enjoying the benefits of being a part of the Patriot family. At UT Tyler we offer our Dual Credit and Concurrent Enrollment students:
- One-on-One Advising
- Concierge registration process
- Courses that are guaranteed to fit into core requirements
- Credit from a UT System University
- Tutoring and academic support
- An affordable tuition rate at $99 per credit hour. (Additional fees may apply for science labs)
Dual Credit or Concurrent Enrollment?
The Dual Credit Program at The University of Texas at Tyler allows students the opportunity to earn dual credit for core academic courses that will transfer to all public institutions in Texas as well as many out-of-state institutions.
The Concurrent Enrollment Program allows students to earn college credit for courses that are outside of the college core but will apply to degree plans for certain majors. These will be courses that a student takes outside of their high school classes and will require extra study hours each week.
Dual Credit students will pay a fraction of the cost of our native students:
- $99/credit hour
*Concurrent Enrollment students will need to contact the Dual Credit Coordinators about costs for specific Concurrent Enrollment courses.
The University of Texas at Tyler can work with high school partners to offer dual credit courses in a variety of formats, including:
- High School Campus: A credentialed high school instructor teaches the course on the high school campus and serves as the Instructor of Record.
- UT Tyler Campus: A UT Tyler faculty member serves as the Instructor of Record on UT Tyler’s campus and students are responsible for reporting to the location for class meetings.
- Online Dual Credit: Online hybrid dual credit course with UT Tyler faculty as the Instructor of Record and high school teacher as facilitator/coach to provide support and discipline for students in a classroom setting.
For current student information click here.