Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree
Earn Your BAAS 100% Online*
The BAAS degree program is a degree specifically for students looking to finish their 4-year degree in an academic environment that recognizes the importance of balancing family, work, and other commitments. The 100%* online format of the BAAS program is convenient, affordable, and accessible for working adults without compromising the quality and rigor of a UT Tyler degree.
The flexible degree plan utilizes transfer credit from community colleges and other universities to provide a shorter route to completing a bachelor's degree than many traditional programs. All students must have 60 hours of transferable credit** accepted at UT Tyler, or successful completion of an AA or AS, to be eligible for the program.
The courses in the BAAS Professional Core and the Thematic Concentrations are offered online, in two 7-week terms per semester. This gives ease to our students to balance life and school, while still taking full-time hours.
Bachelor’s in Applied Arts and Sciences: Convenient. Job-Ready
With our BAAS high-demand Thematic Concentrations, you can tailor your degree to meet your professional goals. UT Tyler currently offers the following Thematic Concentrations:
- Business Occupations - Soules College of Business: Designed to provide general business knowledge for
individuals interested in business careers.
- Entrepreneurship - Soules College of Business: designed for individuals who desire to start their own
- Healthcare Management - College of Nursing and Health Sciences: Designed to provide knowledge for individuals
looking to expand their careers into management in the healthcare field.
- Health Occupations - College of Nursing and Health Sciences: Designed for professionals in a healthcare
field to facilitate career advancement or prepare for graduate professional programs.
- Human Behavior - Department of Psychology and Counseling: Trains students to understand, critically
examine, and apply information about human thought, feeling, and behavior.
- General Studies - College of Arts and Sciences: Well-suited for students interested in obtaining
knowledge across a variety of different disciplines.
*This assumes that the 60 credits being transferred into the BAAS included a mathematics course that meets the UT Tyler undergraduate core curriculum requirements. The mathematics core is offered in person or online through Finish@UT.
**Transferable credit only includes credits accepted by our Registrar's Office, it does not mean all credits completed at previous institiutions.