UT Tyler Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry occupies the third and fourth floors of the Ratliff Engineering, Science and Technology Building South (RBS). Physics occupies a portion of the fourth floor in the Ratliff Building North (RBN).
Our facilities include the 400 MHz NMR room, five chemistry teaching labs, one preparation lab, a cold room, two instrumentation labs, six "wet" research labs, and a student computer lab.
Magnetic Resonance Instrumentation
- Agilent 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance system with a high resolution console and variable temperature and multinuclear capabilities
- Agilent 6890N Gas Chromatograph/5975B Mass Spectrometer with an Ion Gauge Controller, a 7683 Auto Sampler and NIST05 Library
- Agilent 1200 Infinity Series High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
Infrared and Raman Spectrophotometers
- Nicolet Avatar 360 E.S.P. FTIR spectrophotometer with Horizontal Attenuated Total Internal Reflectance (ATR) Accessory
- Nicolet iS10 FTIR with Vertical ATR Accessory
- Nicolet iS50 Raman spectrophotometer
- Varian Cary Eclipse Fluorescence Spectrophotometer
- Varian Cary 300 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with a thermostat controlled Peltier 1 x 1 cell holder
- Varian Cary 100 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with a thermostat controlled Peltier 1 x 1 cell holder
- Ocean Optics Spectrophotometer USB 2000
- 6 Dell computers located in the chemistry major/teaching assistant room
- 44" HP DesignJet T610 Poster Printer ???
- JEOL JSM-6510LV Scanning Electron Microscope with sputter coater
- Hach 2100N Turbidimeter
- QSonica Q700 Sonicator
- Alpha Imager model ???
- Biotage Initiator+ Alstra Automated Microwave Peptide Synthesizer
- Eppendorf Eporator Electroporation System
- Millipore Water System ???
- Thermocycler model ???
- Thermo Fisher MaxQ 4450 Incubating Orbital Shaker
- Ultra Centrifuge ???
- Ultra Centrifuge ???
Other Equipment and Instrumentation
- Alfa Aesar Mark I Magnetic Susceptibility Balance
- Atago AP 300 Automatic Polarimeter
- BASi Potentiostat
- Bausch & Lomb Abbe 3-L Refractometer
- Beckman LS-700 Scintillation Counter
- Biotage Initiator+ Fourth Generation Microwave Synthesizer
- Buchi Rotary Evaporators (x5)
- Innovative Technology Solvent Purification System
- MBraun Glove Box
- Parr 6755 Solution Calorimeter with Parr 6772 Calorimetric Thermometer (x3)
- Parr Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter (x3)
- Perkin Elmer PinAAcle 900F Atomic Absorption (AA) spectrophotometer
- Vernier LabQuest Interfaces with pH, Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP), gas pressure, temperature, conductivity, constant current, and voltage probes; and the SpectroVis Plus spectrophotometer, and Melt Station accessories