Hotline Reporting Examples
Office of Compliance
Every Employee and member of the University community plays a vital part in helping the University maintain its integrity. Most ethics and compliance incidences are discovered as a result of tips provided by individuals closest to the activity.
Regular business matters that do not require anonymity should be directed to the Employee’s supervisor and should not be submitted on the Hotline.
Appropriate reports to the Ethics and Compliance Hotline are allegations that need to be made anonymously by a student or an Employee concerning:
- Sexual Misconduct: Sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking. (For allegations that can be reported in person, please use one of the options under How do I report/file a complaint?)
- Financial: Accounting or internal control issues, fraud, theft or other financial issues.
- Safety: Unsafe conditions, environmental issues or other safety matters.
- Medical and Health: Patient confidentiality, billing/coding issues, misleading or inaccurate medical documentation or accreditation issues.
- Research: Rights and welfare of research subjects, research misconduct, proposals, protocols or other research matters.
- Academic: Misrepresentation of credentials, academic dishonesty and other academic violations.
- Human Resources: Harassment, discrimination, threats or other forms of misconduct.
- Information Systems: Data privacy, confidentiality, or other waste or abuse of resources or information.
- Athletics: All issues dealing with the University’s athletic department or programs.