Office of Compliance
Policies, Manuals, Documents, and Other Resources
UT Tyler Policies, Resources, and Other Compliance-related Information
- Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) for UT Tyler employees
- Manual of Policies and Procedures (MOPP) for Student Affairs
- Standards of Conduct (SOC) Guide - Provides employees of UT Tyler with information about and source references for the laws, policies, rules and regulations that govern their conduct.
- Management Responsibilities Handbook (MRH) - A general summary of the responsibilities of department heads/budget authorities and serves as a procedural guideline and reference tool. It is not an all-inclusive document.
- University Compliance and Ethics Program - Executive Summary of the UT Tyler Compliance and Ethics Program.
- Information and Policies Regarding Social Security Numbers
- UT Tyler Records Management Site - includes UT Tyler's Records Retention Schedule.
- Records Storage and Disposal Policy
- UT Tyler Obligations for Public Disclosure
UT System Policies and Guidelines
In addition to institution policies and standards, UT System institutions must also adhere to the following UT System policies and guidelines:
- UTS Regents' Rules and Regulations
- UTS Policy Library
- UT Systemwide Compliance Website
- UT Systemwide Compliance Charter - Specifies the components of an effective compliance program at UT System and at each campus to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, and minimize the risk of significant compliance failures.
- UT System Policy 119 - Institutional Compliance Programs
State Laws and Regulations
- Subchapter C, Chapter 572 - Texas Government Code Standards of Conduct and Conflict of Interest.
- Texas Ethics Commission Notice to all Employees: The Ethics Commission's website includes a number of publications that provide important information for state employees regarding ethics and conduct. It is important that each state employee review this information annually so that they can stay abreast of and stay in compliance with state ethics laws. The applicable information for state ethics laws can be found on the Ethics Commission's website in the section labeled "State Officers and Employees" under the subsection "Publications and Guides."
- Texas Public Information Act Information - (Formerly Open Records Act)
- Political Activities/Standards of Conduct - Texas Government Code regarding state agencies and state employees.
Federal Laws and Regulations
- Higher Education Compliance Alliance - Federal Matrix of Laws/Regulations
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines on Effective Compliance and Ethics Programs
- U.S. Department of Justice - Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs