Student Counseling Center
The Student Counseling Center offers services by video and phone, often referred to as "telehealth" through our new app- TimelyCare 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This app offers:
- TalkNow: Real-time chat and phone support (no appointment needed)
- Scheduled Counseling with a provider of your choice
- Health Coaching
- Psychiatry (referred by Student Counseling Center)
- Basic Needs Support
- Self-Care Content
- The Student Counseling Center is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Appointments for counseling may be made by calling 903.565.5746, walking in to UC
3170, or by completing one of the following forms:
- If this is your first time to schedule an appointment with the Student Counseling Center, or you have not seen a counselor in the past 6 months, you will need to complete the Request a Brief Assessment Form. This will get you connected with a counselor within one business day who will work with you to determine your needs for service.
- Students who have connected with the Student Counseling Center before can schedule a "One-at-a-Time" appointment.
- A student who sees a counselor on a regular basis will be scheduled by that counselor.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call or cancel an appointment online. If at all possible, please give us 24-hour notice so someone else may take your appointment time.
- Students with ongoing scheduled counseling who do not show up for their session and do not contact the office prior to their appointment will be removed from their ongoing appointment times, and another student who is waiting for ongoing appointments will be scheduled in those time slots.
Online Assessment and Paperwork
- If you are new to the Student Counseling Center, and you did not schedule online, you will need to complete our new client form to complete the information your counselor needs.
- Prior to each appointment, you will be asked to fill out an an assessment called the CCAPS that will help your counselor identify your needs. You can find this at: CCAPS