Student Counseling Center
The Student Counseling Center offers services by video and phone, often referred to as "telehealth" through our new app- My Student Support Program (My SSP) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This app offers:
- Real-time chat and phone support (no appointment needed)
- Short-term scheduled support and counseling via phone or video with a dedicated professional counselor
- Access to virtual fitness sessions, wellbeing assessments, articles, podcasts, and more.
- Check it out
- The Student Counseling Center is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Appointments for counseling may be made by calling 903.565.5746, or by completing
one of the following forms:
- If this is your first time to schedule an appointment with the Student Counseling Center, or you have not seen a counselor in the past 6 months, you will need to complete the Request First Appointment Form. This will be reviewed to determine the best counselor to meet your individual needs.
- Students who have an ongoing counseling relationship may schedule an ongoing appointment with their counselor online.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call or cancel an appointment online. If at all possible, please give us 24-hour notice so someone else may take your appointment time.
Online Assessment and Paperwork
- If you are new to the Student Counseling Center, and you did not schedule online, you will need to complete our new client form to complete the information your counselor needs.
- Prior to each appointment, you will be asked to fill out an an assessment called the CCAPS that will help your counselor identify your needs. You can find this at: CCAPS
- The Student Counseling Center follows a Collaborative Stepped Care model which offers a wide range of services to meet your wellness and mental health needs. During your initial visit, you will meet with a counselor, who will use their clinical training to work with you to identify the best next step, which may include wellness activities, online services, group counseling, single session problem solving, and/or identifying a need for intensive services. Treatment is based on each student's unique needs.
- Individual sessions typically last about 50 minutes and may be scheduled once a week, every other week or monthly.