Student Counseling Center
- The Student Counseling Center offers services by video and phone, often referred to as "telehealth".
- All you need is a private location, a device (phone, tablet, or computer), and for video sessions, a camera and internet connection for your device.
- You will receive a text message reminder with a link to complete an online assessment prior to each session.
- Your counselor will communicate with you about instructions for connecting to your appointment.
- The Student Counseling Center is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Appointments for counseling may be made by calling 903.565.5746, or by going online to schedule an appointment.
- If this is your first time to schedule an appointment with the Student Counseling Center, or you have not seen a counselor in the past 6 months, you will schedule an initial 20-minute phone screening with a counselor to help determine the best counselor for you. Go to: Schedule Initial Screening Session
- If you have already seen a counselor in the Student Counseling Center, go to: Schedule Follow-Up Appointment
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, go to: Request, Cancel or Reschedule an Appointment. If at all possible, please give us 24-hour notice so someone else may take your appointment time.
- If you have difficulty finding an appointment online, please call or walk in to the office. There are often same-day appointments that are not available for the online scheduling.
Online Assessment and Paperwork
- If you are new to the Student Counseling Center, and you did not schedule online, you will need to go to: Initial Phone Screening Paperwork to complete the information your counselor needs.
- Prior to each appointment, you will be asked to fill out an an assessment called the CCAPS that will help your counselor identify your needs. You can find this at: CCAPS
- The Student Counseling Center follows a Collaborative Stepped Care model which offers a wide range of services to meet your wellness and mental health needs. Your initial visit is a 20-minute phone screening with a counselor. During this visit, you will meet with a counselor, who will use their clinical training to work with you to identify the best next step, which may include wellness activities, online services, group counseling, single session problem solving, and/or identifying a need for intensive services. Treatment is based on each student's unique needs.
- Individual sessions typically last about 50 minutes and may be scheduled once a week, every other week or monthly.