Student Counseling Center
The Student Counseling Center provides the following training opportunities:
Graduate Student Interns
- Are from the UT Tyler Department of Psychology and Counseling.
- Enrolled in last 2 semesters of the Clinical Psychology or Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs, or years 3-5 in the Ph.D Clinical Psychology program.
- Earned a B or better in PSYC or COUN 5393, and currently enrolled in a Supervised Practicum or Internship course .
- Potential Interns must submit an application and resume and be interviewed by licensed clinical staff in the counseling center.
- Practicums and Internships are non-paid.
Licensed Professional Counselor-Interns (LPC-Interns)
- Hold a master's degree in counseling or related field.
- Have passed a board exam.
- Are in the process of completing the 3,000 hours of supervised experience under an LPC-supervisor.
- Are regulated by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
- Paid positions are occasionally available and will be posted with the Department of Career Success.