Title: Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Department: The Academy
Building: RBS 1009
- B.S. Civil Engineering (with distinction), Clarkson University 2005
- Concentrations: Structural Engineering and Construction Management
- Minor: Mathematics
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Clarkson University 2006
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University 2012
- Engineering in Training – New York State
- ASCE ExCEED Teaching Fellow
Dr. Gangone’s teaching interests are primarily in structural engineering however he has taught classes in numerous areas of civil engineering. Classes include: mechanics of materials, structural analysis, advanced structural analysis, advanced steel design, soil mechanics, fluid mechanics and hydraulics, civil engineering materials, codes and specifications, leadership, business practices, asset management and public policy.
Dr. Gangone’s areas of research interest include innovative bridge research and design methods as well as the development of structural health monitoring and condition assessment techniques for highway bridges. He has significant experience in load testing and rating of highway bridges. One of his current focus areas is in developing improved methods of condition assessment and damage detection using load testing data. He has been involved in numerous field deployments of sensor systems for acquiring performance characteristics of highway bridges from load testing. Dr. Gangone also has a strong commitment to teaching and improving engineering education.