Title: Associate Professor
Building: LUC 218
Ph.D., 2008, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
M.S., 2001, Oklahoma City University
M.B.A., 1995, Asian Institute of Technology
B.S., Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology
Dr. Mohammed Ali joined The University of Texas at Tyler in Fall 2016 as Associate
Professor in the Department of Technology. He is also the Program Coordinator at the
Longview University Center.
In addition to his work at the University, Dr. Ali is associated with the US Navy and Air Force as Fellow Research Scientist.
Dr. Ali has decades of teaching experience in the areas of industrial and engineering technologies, systems engineering, business administration and technology management. He spent five years in industry specializing in manufacturing of automotive maintenance and material handling equipment, welding accessories and modeling software.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Additive Bio-manufacturing and Adv. Manufacturing Processes
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Engineering Graphics and Solid Modeling
- Total Quality Management and Lean Six Sigma
- Plant Layout and Facilities Planning
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Manufacturing of Drug Delivery Devices;
- Modeling and Bio-simulation of Submicron- and Nano-particles Flow and Deposition in the Lung Airways.