Title: Associate Professor
Building: COB 225.03
- Ph.D. in Instructional Systems and Workforce Development, Mississippi State University, 2010
- M.S. in Instructional Technology, Mississippi State University, 2004
- B.S. in Industrial Technology, Mississippi State University, 2003
Prior to coming to The University of Texas at Tyler, Dr. Lawrence served as an Adjunct Instructor at Jackson State University teaching Introduction to Industrial Technology, and as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at Mississippi State University teaching classes such as Computer Applications in Education, Manufacturing Systems, Introduction to Database Management, Forecasting & Cost Modeling, and Manufacturing Technology and Processes.
Dr. Lawrence professional memberships include Association of Technology, Management
and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). He has been a representative for the Instructional
Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) and received 2nd place at the 5th Annual GSA
Research Symposium in the category of Social Sciences oral competition. He also served
as a guest speaker in Graduate class at Mississippi State University.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Examination of Industrial Technology undergraduate programs
- Pedagogy and Industrial Technology
- Improving the curriculum of Industrial Technology
- Examination of industry and its impact on Industrial Technology students