The Graduate School
It is expected that all recipients will be in good academic standing as well as be in good standing with UT Tyler Judicial Affairs and The Graduate School at the time of any award. Recipients will be expected to maintain good standing with all above mentioned offices during their time at UT Tyler.
Federal Financial Aid
Domestic graduate students that have been fully, provisionally, or conditionally admitted into a degree-seeking program may be eligible for financial aid. Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree, Graduate Non-Degree, and Certification students are ineligible for financial aid and/or scholarships.
Those accepted into financial aid eligible programs are encouraged to complete a Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA). The Office of Financial Aid has more information about this application, including deadlines.
Graduate, Research, and Teaching Assistantships
Assistantships are also available. You can find out more about those by reviewing the Graduate Assistantship Policy.
Application Fee Waiver
The Graduate School currently only offers graduate application fee waivers to current UT Tyler students, UT Tyler alumni, active US military personnel, current UT Tyler employees, and McNair Scholars. Please contact email@example.com for details before submitting your application.
Information about the New Graduate Fellowship can be found below. Students can apply for the fellowship after admission by using their Patriot credentials to sign in to the Scholarship Portal. Students will be required to complete a general application first and will be matched with the New Graduate Fellowship application once the general application is submitted. Application deadlines can be found on our Graduate School Calendar.
The New Graduate Fellowship is a $1,000 award available to domestic and international, Texas and non-Texas residents. With this award, non-Texas residents also qualify for in-state tuition during their first academic year of graduate study only (see the savings for non-resident and international students). The academic year begins each fall and ends the following summer. The $1,000 is awarded in $500 increments in each fall and spring semester. You must be enrolled in each semester to receive the full award. No awards are made in the summer.
*Students in programs with discounted tuition (curriculum and instruction, reading, school counseling, special education, and educational leadership) and those in the accelerated MBA and executive MBA programs are not eligible for the NGF. Certification-only students are also not eligible.
- Be accepted into a graduate, degree-seeking program.
- Be in your first semester of graduate school at UT Tyler.
- Enroll full-time. (Nine credit hours for the semester awarded. No awards will be made for semesters in which the student is not enrolled full-time.)
- Meet or exceed at least one of the following criteria:
- Final undergraduate GPA of at least 3.25
- Final GPA of at least 3.25 on a prior master’s degree (official transcript required for verification)
- Combined GRE score of 307
- Total GMAT score of 500
- Total MAT score of 410
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee an award. All students, awarded and denied, will be notified via their Patriots Email.
- NGF recipients who violate the UT Tyler Honor Code (which includes violations of F-1 status) will have their NGF revoked.
- Those with foreign transcripts who wish to be considered for the award based on their GPA must submit an international transcript evaluation. Even if it is not required for admission, it is required if you want to be considered for the New Graduate Fellowship. The evaluation fee will be reimbursed (up to $200) after enrollment.
- You must be admitted to your program BEFORE you apply for this award; applications for those who have not yet been admitted will be deleted. Be sure to complete all fields on the application; incomplete applications will not be considered.
Information about the New Graduate Fellowship can be found below. The application for Fall 2022 is closed and the renewal application will open on March 1. Application deadlines can be found on our Graduate School Calendar.
Depending on available funding, the Graduate School may offer a renewal of your New Graduate Fellowship. Renewals are made in the Fall semesters only.
- Be enrolled full-time (Nine credit hours for the semester awarded. No awards will be made for semesters in which the student is not enrolled full-time. If you are graduating and will not be enrolled full-time, you may submit a scholarship appeal.)
- Meet or exceed a UT Tyler GPA of 3.25 so far.
*Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee an award. All students, awarded and denied, will be notified via their Patriots Email.
Returning UT Tyler Graduate Students
UT Tyler has college scholarship opportunities available for students who have attended for at least one semester and have earned a UT Tyler GPA. These awards are managed by the One Stop Service Center, and you can find more information on their website.
The Veteran’s Resource Center can assist with understanding and processing military benefits.