The wireless network at The University of Texas at Tyler uses 802.11b/g/n to allow the members of the UT Tyler community to connect to the UT Tyler network using multiple wireless devices.
Overview of the UT Tyler WiFi networks:
- Provides secure communications
- Provides access to campus resources
- Requires an UTTyler (faculty and staff) or PATRIOTS (students) account for access
- Requires a setup process
- Is an unencrypted (unsecure) WiFi network
- Provides access to campus resources and Internet
- Requires user to open web browser and accept Acceptable Use Policy
- Does not require an UTTyler or PATRIOTS account for access
Residence Life WiFi
- Internet access for Residence Life is NOT serviced by the university
- Suddenlink provides Internet access and technical support
- Suddenlink Technical Support can be reached at 866.229.8750
- For more information, please contact Residence Life at email@example.com or 903.566.7008
What if I have questions, comments or suggestions?
Please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at ext. 5555 (903.565.5555), or come by BUS 101.
UT Tyler Policy Acknowledgment:
- Unauthorized use is prohibited.
- Usage may be subject to security testing and monitoring.
- Misuse is subject to criminal prosecution.
- No expectation of privacy except as otherwise provided by applicable privacy laws.
Do NOT send your password.
Do NOT send your Social Security Number.