MVSC Mission and Vision
Guiding principles of the Military & Veterans Success Center
The Military and Veterans Success Center (MVSC) provides community, support, and advocacy for military affiliated individuals at UT Tyler. We assist veterans, active/Reserve/Guard servicemembers, and their families with their transition to, through, and beyond the university by implementing best practices, advancing knowledge, and providing personalized services that will enable them to achieve their educational goals.
Through this mission, the MVSC will lead the University of Texas at Tyler to become both a military and veteran inclusive institution, as well as enhance its reputation as the leader for military affiliated education in our region.
The MVSC will accomplish its mission and vision by:
· Enabling our student community to apply the lessons of military service to their continued service as scholars;
· Remaining experts in all aspects of federal and state education benefits for military affiliated individuals;
· Continuously assessing and improving service delivery;
· Partnering with university and community partners to create an environment that contributes to the academic, professional, and personal success of our military affiliated community; and
· Representing the interests of the university and its military affiliated community to local, state, regional, and national organizations and partners.