State Property FAQs

State Property Frequently Asked Questions

Procurement Services

What should I do when I have equipment that is no longer needed by my department?

Equipment must first be offered to other UT Tyler departments via the electronic Campus Bulletin Board prior to disposal. To have equipment transferred to a  requesting department complete a Transfer Equipment to Another Department for Use form via DocuSign.  To have obsolete or broken equipment transferred to the Physical Plant warehouse, complete a Transfer of Equipment for Disposal form via DocuSign and submit a Physical Plant work order request. Contact the Inventory team at if more information is needed.

IMPORTANT: Before transferring computers or other equipment, please review the Equipment Transfer Procedures found on the Financial Services Training Resources web page.  Follow the directions found in these procedures for equipment disposal.

Can I print a copy of my departmental inventory records?

Please contact the Inventory team at to request a listing of your department inventory records.

What should I do when equipment is missing or stolen?

Report to University Police and complete a Notification of Missing/Stolen Property Form via DocuSign.