UT Tyler awards Study Abroad scholarships to qualified students based on the number of applicants and the availability of funds. To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant student must be enrolled in a Faculty-Led Study Abroad or Semester/Year Abroad program course(s) with applicable or transferrable UT Tyler course numbers. Scholarships are merit-based and are awarded as per the financial aid disbursement schedule.
UT Tyler Scholarship Requirements
- Demonstrate good academic, financial, and judicial standing
- Demonstrate enrollment at UT Tyler for one year
- Attain sophomore level
- Submit completed application
- Submit essay
- Provide two Letters of Recommendation with corresponding Rating sheets
- Submit a Letter of Appreciation upon receiving the Study Abroad scholarship
Students must be enrolled in appropriate UT Tyler travel/study course(s) to qualify for the scholarships offered through UT Tyler's Office of International Programs. Scholarships are awarded approximately 4 weeks prior to the travel date for each travel study/study abroad program.
List of UT Tyler Study Abroad Scholarships
- The International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS)
- The Dorothy Bradley Brown International Studies Endowed Scholarship (DBB)
External (Non-UT Tyler) Study Abroad Scholarships
Click on any of the external scholarships listed below to learn more about it.