How to Apply to Fisch College of Pharmacy
Step by Step
Students applying to the Fisch College of Pharmacy may begin the application process the summer before the anticipated year of entry into the Pharm.D. program. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Admission to the PharmD program occurs in the Fall semester each year.
A student is ready to apply if they are currently completing pre-requisites and plan to have them completed by the summer before the anticipated year of entry into the PharmD program. A student can submit an application while they are still in the process of completing their pre-requisites.
To apply, you must:
1. Satisfy the minimum requirements for admission;
2. Complete a PharmCAS application, which includes submission of:
a. Three letters of recommendation (evaluations)
- Letters should be requested from individuals who know the applicant professionally or academically
- Examples include: employers, faculty advisors, health care professionals, pharmacists, pre-health advisors, professors, and/or supervisors
- Letters from pharmacists or supervisors are strongly encouraged.
- Letters from family, friends, committees, and/or composite recommendations are not accepted.
- Supplemental application
- The supplemental application includes a residency questionnaire which is required by UT Tyler.
- No fee is required to submit the supplemental application.
- Official transcripts
- Transcripts from unaccredited colleges and/or universities will not be considered.
- For coursework from a foreign institution (including Canada) you must submit a Foreign
Transcript Evaluation Report (FTER) as part of the application.
- The FTER may be submitted through PharmCAS or directly to the Fisch College of Pharmacy.
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved FTER service provider.
- FTER must be a course-by-course evaluation.
- Allow for additional time for the Admissions Team to review the FTER.
- Approved FTER providers: