UT Tyler Pre-Med Academy
The University of Texas at Tyler will expand its pre-medical education initiatives with the launch of a new Premedical Academy in fall 2019.
UT Tyler has historically produced graduates well-prepared for the rigors of medical school. Many have gone on to become successful practitioners, including anesthesiologists, surgeons, neuroscientists, radiologists and pediatricians. The UT Tyler Premedical Academy will be designed to increase the number of students accepted into medical school and improve the quality of their readiness for medical school studies.
Offered through the UT Tyler College of Arts and Sciences, the new program will:
- Deliver programs and workshops that encourage East Texas high school students to study medicine.
- Deliver special symposia for UT Tyler pre-med students, focused on developing the personal characteristics needed for medical school including personal responsibility, altruism, empathy and ethics.
- Facilitate for UT Tyler pre-med students job shadowing with medical professionals and research opportunities on campus, both critical for medical school acceptance.
- Provide UT Tyler pre-med students with dedicated advising and support from start to MCAT to medical school acceptance, helping students to get into the medical school of their choice.
See the Pre-Med Academy Announcement (Press Release)
Meet UT Tyler Pre-Med Alumni
- The Joy of Serving: Dr. Ciera Ward Finds Her Passion Early in Life
- The Best Advice: Why Dr. Justin McCaslin Will Never Stop Learning
- Dr. Melanie Wick: Serving East Texas Children is the Best Part of Her Day
- Prepared for Practice: How Dr. Troy Dawley's Undergrad Experience Helped His Career