Asset Management & Inventory Control
Texas Government Code 403, Subchapter L establishes the current guidelines for property accounting and responsibility. These laws impose upon the university and each employee responsibility for the care and proper use of all state property.
The inventory section in Procurement Services provides various services to the campus community, including:
- Tags equipment as it is received by departments.
- Coordinates and monitors the annual physical inventory process and audits the reports submitted by university departments.
- Monitors equipment transactions and maintains equipment inventory records.
- Assists departments with the equipment disposal process.
- Reconciles inventory records to the university's accounting records and the state property accounting records.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Account Codes
- State Property Accounting Process Users Guide
- PeopleSoft Asset Workflow Training Guide
- Asset Management and Inventory Control Procedures
Questions should be directed to the Inventory team at Inventory@uttyler.edu.