Office of Research and Scholarship
Inventions result from creating a new and novel technology. Use of inventions creates value. UT Tyler assists faculty, students, and entrepreneurs in working together to investigate uses of technology to create new products and opportunities. One of our primary objectives is to establish long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with inventors, industry partners and investors.
We promote commercialization of technology by:
- Educating, advising and assisting inventors.
- Evaluating the commercial potential of UT Tyler inventions.
- Protecting intellectual property.
- Assisting in the licensing of commercially viable technologies.
- Communicating commercialization opportunities to investors and industry.
The Office of Research and Scholarship assists investigators in ethically and effectively developing and commercializing intellectual property created at UT Tyler, thereby generating income for the university while benefiting researchers, investors, and the community at large.
In the links below, inventors can review UT Tyler’s Intellectual Property Policy, find the answers to basic questions about intellectual property and licensing, and download Intellectual Property forms. We invite your comments and feedback: email@example.com.
Intellectual Property Resources
- UT Tyler Intellectual Property Policy
- UT System Intellectual Property Policy
- UTS125 Processing of Intellectual Property Agreements
- IPAC Committee - UT Tyler
- Intellectual Property FAQ
Technology Transfer Forms
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Uniform Biological Material Transfer Agreement
- MTA for Patent/Patent Pending Material
- MTA for Materials
For information about international travel with technology see the Export Control Travel webpage.