The mission of the Technology Support Center is to support the academic endeavors of students, faculty and staff of the university by providing an information technology-based environment composed of the necessary computing resources and related support.
Who May Use the Technology Support:
Anyone with a valid UT Tyler identification card may use theTechnology Support Center. That includes currently registered students, faculty and staff. The lab director must approve all other requests for use of the facility.
- By entering and using the Technology Support, the user agrees to observe all Technology Support policies and regulations, as well as all UT System policies and regulations.
- Be respectful and considerate of others and use common courtesy. No loud talking, no use of cell phones, and clean up after yourself.
- Pornography, offensive and inappropriate material are not permitted in the lab, whether it is brought in by the student or accessed from the Internet. Viewing of such materials will be reported to the lab manager.
- Within reason, food and lidded drinks will be permitted in the lab as long as they do not present a problem.
- The Technology Support telephone is a business phone and is not for student use.
- Absolutely no unauthorized software may be installed on the Technology Support computers. This includes software that comes with textbooks.
- Absolutely no copying or duplication of copyrighted software will be permitted. Copying copyrighted software is a violation of federal law.
- All children under 16 years of age must be supervised.
The lab manager must authorize any exceptions to the Technology Support User Policy. Assistants are not authorized to make exceptions to lab policy
Please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or come by RBN 3022 to see us if you have any problems or questions.
- Do NOT send your password.
- Do NOT send your Social Security Number.
- Be sure to include your full name, student ID and birth date when requesting assistance. If you have an alternate email address please send your email from that account.