Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program
Enhance Your MSN With a Nurse Practitioner Credentia
A growing need for health care services has galvanized demand for qualified nurse practitioners in the United States. The University of Texas at Tyler’s nurse practitioner certificate program provides an avenue for those who hold an MSN degree to acquire the much sought-after nurse practitioner designation. After completing the program you must sit for the national certification exam in your area of specialization.
- Attend a web-enhanced nursing education program that includes both online coursework and on-site clinicals.
- Work with preceptors to assess and treat patients during your approximately 675 clinical hours undertaken through the certificate program.
- Complete a program that has a 100% pass rate on the national certification
A full 100% of graduates of the nurse practitioner certificate program find positions in their area of specialization.
Learn more about the Graduate College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Nurse Practitioner Certificate: Focused, Hands-On Learning
- Choose to complete your certificate in one of two specialties: family nurse practitioner or pediatric nurse practitioner.
- Combine the convenience of online study with the personal touch of face-to-face interaction on campus and with patients.
- Gain the skills to take on an advanced practice role in a medical office, clinic or hospital.
- Be ready to sit for the national certification examination in your area of specialty within the nurse practitioner field.
Nurse Practitioner Faculty: Experienced Nurses. Outstanding Mentors.
- Learn with faculty who are well experienced in the field, working with patients at such facilities as Children’s Medical Center, Dallas; Travis County Health Department, Austin; and Trinity Mother Francis Clinic, Jacksonville.
- Study with educators who enjoy mentoring students and helping them reach their professional goals.
- Work side-by-side with instructors on research projects that enhance your education and benefit the community.
Nurse Practitioner Courses. Demanding. Personally Rewarding.
The Advanced Practice Role – Study the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) role. Explore the evolution of the role, current and continuing issues relevant to advanced practice nursing, and clinical practice issues related to health promotion and disease prevention.
Diagnostic Methods and Procedures for Advanced Practice – Learn clinical decision-making for selecting appropriate tests, procedures and interpretation of diagnostic test results. Use evidence-based research to appropriately gather, interpret and manage diagnostic data.
Advanced Health Assessment – Apply advanced health assessment principles and skills for comprehensive examination of clients. Focus is on common deviations from normal. Populations across the life span are included.
Career Outlook for Nurse Practitioners
The future looks bright for all in the nursing profession. However, those who hold a nurse practitioner or other advanced qualification are in especially high demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 22% rate of growth for nursing positions through the decade. For more information, go tohttp://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos083.htm#outlook.