Textbook Loan Program
UT Tyler Cashiers Office
UT Tyler, in coordination with Barnes and Noble Bookstore at The University of Texas at Tyler, offers a textbook loan program. Enrolled students may charge up to $1,000 in textbook charges to their UT Tyler student account.
To order your books and charge them to your student account for the Fall 2022 semester through the UT Tyler Barnes and Noble bookstore:
- Beginning Monday, July 18, 2022, place an order on the UT Tyler Barnes and Noble Website. Shipping is free for any order $75.00 or more. The bookstore will contact students by e-mail when their order is shipped. The last day to charge books to your student account on the website is Friday, August 19, 2022.
- UT Tyler Barnes and Noble bookstore hours are as follows: Monday thru Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; and Friday from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM. The last day to charge books to your student account in-store is Friday, August 19, 2022.
Step-by-step instructions to order your textbooks online and to charge them to your student account:
- Visit www.uttyler.bncollege.com. Select Textbooks--> Find Textbooks.
- Enter schedule in the drop down menus.
- Add books to cart--> Select Checkout.
- Sign in or use Guest Checkout.
- Choose delivery method.
- Select Financial Aid payment button.
- Read and consent to the Promise to Pay agreement. Select the red words to open the pop up menu--> Once read, check the acknowledgment box.
- Enter student ID number--> Select Continue--> Select Place Order
Promise to Pay Agreement
I promise to pay The University of Texas at Tyler all amounts owed on my student account. I expressly consent to The University of Texas at Tyler, its affiliates, agents, and service providers, the following: using written, electronic, or verbal means to contact me as the law allows, including, but not limited to, contact by manual calling methods, prerecorded or artificial voice messages, emails, and/or automated telephone dialing systems, contacting me by telephone at any telephone number associated with my account, currently or in the future, including wireless telephone numbers, and authorization to record telephone calls regarding my account in assurance of quality and/or other reasons. I understand that, if I fail to pay my account by the published deadline(s), my account may be placed with a collection agency and/or for legal action. If such action is taken, I agree to pay all collection costs, attorney fees and other fees incurred as the result of the collection of any amount not paid. I have read this disclosure and agree to the terms and conditions described therein.
Textbook charges for each semester will not show on your student account until the first day your tuition and fee bill is available to view and pay in the student center of myUTTyler. The payment deadline on your textbook loan is the same day your tuition and fee bill is due each semester or session.
Dropping classes does not cancel the obligation to repay your textbook loan. You may return your textbook(s) to Barnes and Noble through the 20th class day or equivalent each semester or session. All textbook loan returns will be credited back towards your student account.
Fall 2022 20th class day equivalent:
7 Week 1 Regular - September 1, 2022
7 Week 1 Nursing & 7 Week 1 GRALT - September 9, 2022
Regular Session & Health Science Center Session - September 14, 2022
14 Week Nursing - September 21, 2022
7 Week Regular - October 20, 2022
7 Week 2 Nursing & 7 Week 2 GRALT - October 27, 2022