Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program
The University of Texas at Tyler
Fall 2022 Greater Texas Foundation (GTF) Scholars
What is the GTF Scholars Program?
A student who is chosen to be a part of the GTF Scholars program will be awarded on average, $2,000 per year. Students will also be a part of our GTF Scholars Program cohort, which will provide them with support and comradery. Within the program, students will participate in events, programs, and mentorships that will allow them to thrive and move forward confidently into their chosen career path.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Meet the UT Tyler Freshman Admissions requirements
- Be a Spring 2022 graduate of a Texas Early College High School (ECHS)
- Have a minimum of 24 completed college credit hours
- Have been admitted to UT Tyler for Fall 2022 by May 1, 2022.
- Be a Texas resident.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1, 2022
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for college hours completed
- Intend on earning a baccalaureate degree from UT Tyler in 3 years
Freshman Admissions Requirements
|Top 25%||automatic admission|
|Lower 75%||minimum of 2.75 GPA|
*Early college high school students are considered first time freshman applicants regardless of their completed college hours.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements listed above. Scholarship applications must be filled out on Apply Texas. Recipients will be notified through their Patriot email.
Award Requirements and Renewal
- Complete FAFSA by December 1st each year.
- Full time enrollment that will allow for graduation in 3 years.
- Maintain minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Participate in all GTF Scholars programs.
- Deadline to apply for GTF Scholarship: May 1, 2022
- Official high school transcript through Fall 2021
- Admissions Application: ApplyTexas (applytexas.org)
- Scholarship Essay (applytexas.org)
- Official college transcript through Fall 2021
- Ensure all eligibility requirements have been met.
For more information on this program, please contact Lauralee Meyer at (903) 565-5567 or at email@example.com.
Your Success. Our Passion.