College of Engineering
The University of Texas at Tyler
The College of Engineering at The University of Texas at Tyler provides high-quality undergraduate and graduate education, preparing students to make vital contributions in a rapidly changing technological world.
Bachelor of science and master of science degree programs are offered through the following departments:
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Construction Management
Undergraduate programs in the college are designed with an integrated-systems, applications-oriented approach. Critical thinking, problem solving, design, computer, oral and written communication, teamwork and leadership skills are threaded throughout the curricula.
UT Tyler College of Engineering graduate programs are designed to serve both full-time and part-time students, with an in-depth focus on advanced computer science, engineering and multidisciplinary studies.
The college maintains close working relationships with business and industry and offers excellent opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience and participate in research.
UT Tyler is involved in several ground-breaking research efforts, including:
- The Center for Organic Semiconductor Modeling and Simulation (COSMOS).
- Texas Allergy, Indoor Environment, and Energy Institute (TxAIRE).
- East Texas STEM Education Center.
Houston Engineering Center
UT Tyler has partnered with Houston Community College to offer four-year engineering degree programs on the HCC Alief-Hayes campus. Read more