College of Engineering Summer Institute
UT Tyler College of Engineering
Are you aspiring to be an engineer? Summer Bridge Program is a 5-week experience designed to prepare incoming freshman for their transition to the College of Engineering. To succeed in an engineering degree discipline at the College of Engineering, you should be prepared to have mastered Precalculus prior to your first semester at UT Tyler. The Summer Bridge is FREE and upon completion, you can receive up to six academic credit hours -- and meet new friends in the process!
About the Program:
- Courses are taught by UT Tyler professors
- Tutoring sessions conducted by engineering graduate teaching assistants
- Develop math skills to place into Calculus 1
- Connect with engineering faculty, staff and current students to build connections across the college
- Enjoy weekly social gatherings and outings to different engineering facilities
- Get priority meetings with the College academic advisors
- Admitted to UT Tyler for Fall 2023
- Plan to major in an engineering field
- Paid your freshman confirmation fee
The Summer 2023 Institute Bridge Program is FREE. Students must provide their own transportation to and from the University for class instruction.
- Be prepared to place in Calculus I
- Meet other engineering students
- Get to know engineering professors
- Network with industry professionals
- Free tutoring
- Priority advising
The Summer 2023 Institute Bridge Program is anticipated to take place from July 3 to August 5, 2023.